Tom Waits Fan Forums


A haven for the Tom Waits Fans of the world!
>
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 18853
Location: Just a half a mile from the railroad track
free blues festival in a small town nearby next weekend...

Gonna grab me some blues and see Popa Chubby while I'm at it...

_________________
"There's no sequence of notes that's never been played before...Unless you're Frank zappa and you faked your own death..." - Tom Reynolds...


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:48 pm
Posts: 7573
Location: the surrealist kingdom of Belgium
Tip for Jan & Stefan (and Bart aka EatMyWaits):
On 10/11 Angles7 will play at the Brand jazz festival in Mechelen. This comes highly recommended (I saw them a couple of years ago in Rijkevorsel of all places, amazing concert). I'm a bit bummed I can't make it to the concert myself.

_________________
Beauty is a rare thing


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
Troubador
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:00 pm
Posts: 368
Location: Where the moon is quenched
Scarface Ron wrote:
Tip for Jan & Stefan (and Bart aka EatMyWaits):
On 10/11 Angles7 will play at the Brand jazz festival in Mechelen. This comes highly recommended (I saw them a couple of years ago in Rijkevorsel of all places, amazing concert). I'm a bit bummed I can't make it to the concert myself.


I think I remember that.
Thanks for the head's up.

_________________
please don't speak another truth out loud....
http://www.timeisalion.blogspot.com


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:25 am
Posts: 19868
I've just bought a ticket to see Bombino ("king of the desert blues") on the 13th September.

So the next month I have the following concerts:
John Moreland
Bombino
Mari Boine

And I have some on my maybe list, but I'm a bit tight with my spendings these days.

_________________
Example, the finest example is you.


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:27 am 
Offline
Pretty Little Bullet
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:01 am
Posts: 345
Minefield wrote:
I've just bought a ticket to see Bombino ("king of the desert blues") on the 13th September.

So the next month I have the following concerts:
John Moreland
Bombino
Mari Boine

And I have some on my maybe list, but I'm a bit tight with my spendings these days.


I have seen Moreland and Bombino last year, Moreland was just awesome, liked Bombinos guitar playing but his vocals mmhhhh

I am sure you will have fun Ranja


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 pm 
Offline
Papa Razzi
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:00 am
Posts: 52867
Location: on Dead Bone Mountain
I scored a ticket for Jason Isbell in Brussels today ... anyone wants to buy my Amsterdam ticket?
Or shall I watch him twice in different countries three days apart? :roll:

_________________
"At my age anything unexpected that isn't medical or mortal should be celebrated." - Kathleen Brennan


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 12707
Location: On a flatboat, heading to Natchez, with no shirt and no coat (aka NYC)
surfraptor wrote:
Or shall I watch him twice in different countries three days apart? :roll:


I've done that more than once :mrgreen:

_________________
bawlerbrawler wrote:
If one day Sarah will say to you "There is this awesome band playing in your town, or in some other town, check it out." :megaphone: JUST DO IT.


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline
Papa Razzi
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:00 am
Posts: 52867
Location: on Dead Bone Mountain
SarahV wrote:
surfraptor wrote:
Or shall I watch him twice in different countries three days apart? :roll:


I've done that more than once :mrgreen:



Of course you did!! :lol:
I got a phonecall today from this Transatlantic Productions organization ... an offer I couldn't refuse. :roll:

_________________
"At my age anything unexpected that isn't medical or mortal should be celebrated." - Kathleen Brennan


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:47 am 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 12707
Location: On a flatboat, heading to Natchez, with no shirt and no coat (aka NYC)
surfraptor wrote:
SarahV wrote:
surfraptor wrote:
Or shall I watch him twice in different countries three days apart? :roll:

I've done that more than once :mrgreen:

Of course you did!! :lol:
I got a phonecall today from this Transatlantic Productions organization ... an offer I couldn't refuse. :roll:

Uh oh. Is our European regional vice president causing trouble again?

_________________
bawlerbrawler wrote:
If one day Sarah will say to you "There is this awesome band playing in your town, or in some other town, check it out." :megaphone: JUST DO IT.


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 18853
Location: Just a half a mile from the railroad track
surfraptor wrote:
I scored a ticket for Jason Isbell in Brussels today ... anyone wants to buy my Amsterdam ticket?
Or shall I watch him twice in different countries three days apart? :roll:



And so, we'll finally meet again... been what, 3 years or so?

Looking forward to this Surfman!

_________________
"There's no sequence of notes that's never been played before...Unless you're Frank zappa and you faked your own death..." - Tom Reynolds...


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline
Papa Razzi
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:00 am
Posts: 52867
Location: on Dead Bone Mountain
RuDiger wrote:
surfraptor wrote:
I scored a ticket for Jason Isbell in Brussels today ... anyone wants to buy my Amsterdam ticket?
Or shall I watch him twice in different countries three days apart? :roll:



And so, we'll finally meet again... been what, 3 years or so?

Looking forward to this Surfman!


Yea! Looking forward too, been too long!

_________________
"At my age anything unexpected that isn't medical or mortal should be celebrated." - Kathleen Brennan


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 8837
Location: Underneath the Haarlem moon...
SarahV wrote:
surfraptor wrote:

I got a phonecall today from this Transatlantic Productions organization ... an offer I couldn't refuse. :roll:

Uh oh. Is our European regional vice president causing trouble again?


Who, me? Never!

#hyttetur

_________________
Image


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
Papa Razzi
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:00 am
Posts: 52867
Location: on Dead Bone Mountain
5 days to go ... for Nick Cave!! Heard great reviews from Matt and others from London!
Remember the Prague Porn Posse amigo's? Good times!


Attachments:
dutchasshole.jpg
dutchasshole.jpg [ 82.16 KiB | Viewed 109 times ]

_________________
"At my age anything unexpected that isn't medical or mortal should be celebrated." - Kathleen Brennan
Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: planned concert attendance within the rest of the year
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:12 am 
Online
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:16 am
Posts: 13641
Location: off Euclid Avenue
Sigh... I want to see Nick again...
Wouldn't mind seeing Surf again someday, either! :)

_________________
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat.
Never drive a car when you're dead.


Top
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100

All times are UTC



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits     
Updated By Kieron Thwaites (Ron2K)