Tom Waits Fan Forums

A haven for the Tom Waits Fans of the world!
>
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 412  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:31 pm 
Papa Razzi
 WWW  Profile

Spara forte, più forte, non capisco!

google-ingly,

surf

(I did see Marcello)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:46 pm 
Nighthawk
 WWW  Profile

I don't trust my own memories anymore... I thot it was Marcel Marceau but maybe it was just Sophie Marceau... or maybe it was Margaux Hemingway... I'm not sure what or who I saw but I saw somthin.

surf, "shoot loud...louder" is not a great movie but worth checking out for a laugh... Raquel Welch provides a curvy American presence.. might be hard to find tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:19 pm 
Nighthawk

25th anniversary party for 22 Pistepirkko last night, a mighty fine concert lasting something like 3 hours - the feeling was more of a celebration rather than just a gig.

A nice raw mixture of garage, roots and a style & sound of their own. Covers varied from old Hank to The Sonics with Link Wray, Buddy Holly and The Kinks thrown in as well. Just love that Farfisa sound along with the bluesy guitar! Luckily their own material is up to the scratch as well...

http://www.myspace.com/22pistepirkko

Was nice to see people had travelled from all over Europe to be there. The band was certainly quite impressed with this fact. Here's a few photos by a fellow fan, my favourite being the one with the pint in front :beer:

More photos can be found here:

22-Pistepirkko 25th Anniversary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:45 pm 
Ring Leader
 WWW  Profile

ok... well i learned one thing over the weekend..... my body does not like going to bed at 4am anymore.

However. The show was FUCKING awesome!
it was VERY small though. It was performed in an old babtist church. I counted 23 people there including the 5 of us whoe came up from indianapolis.
It was an amazing show. Nothing like church accustics to completely fill the room with sound. It was one of the most unique concert settings ever.
And how fitting is it to have seen Reverend Glasseye perform underneath this:

And ... yes... that is realistic neon blood coming from jesus's neon wounds :)

And Humanwine has gained another big fan as well! They put on an amazing performance!

I am still trying to recoup from the sleep depravation though... i feel old now LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:44 pm 
Papa Razzi
 WWW  Profile

Helsinki Mood wrote:
A nice raw mixture of garage, roots and a style & sound of their own. Covers varied from old Hank to The Sonics with Link Wray, Buddy Holly and The Kinks thrown in as well.

What more do you need!

farfisa-ingly,

surf

PS and that Reverend Glasseye isn't bad either..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:33 am 
Nighthawk

Going to see TOOL this very Friday...and Wim the allmighty ticket scorerer scored tickets for a Nine Inch Nails show in March, this is very good news since they only play the small venues on this tour...

They'z gonna hit and they'z gonna hit them hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:22 am 
Nighthawk

I`m jealous, RuDi. Tool and NIN ...

I am in a concert-going mood these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:51 am 
Nighthawk

Yeah...two fabulous bands...I'm very excited about this...and it's the only two gigs on my agenda...

I need to get out there more often...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:42 pm 
Nighthawk

I'm off to see TOOL...

more about this...

Later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:51 pm 
Nighthawk

SOunds like fun Ru

my weekend contains Unknown Hinson on Saturday and Scott H Biram on SUnday

ah, live music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:27 pm 
Nighthawk

Well...TOOL...

It really IS the MOST interesting band today, their drummer must be the best rock drummer around, their music is dangerous and innovative and I love them very much and their music will be part of me forever...

That's about all the psitive things I have to say about last night's TOOL concert...

Sure, technically speaking no one can beat them, no mistakes to be heard but it missed the danger, they played it safe, stayed away from the edge way too far and never even crossed it...and that is just what TOOL's music needs...DANGER...

I caught myself scanning the concert hall, I found myself looking at my watch, the word 'boring' popped into my head once too often...

And just when they started to get into it, the last two songs had everything the rest of the concert needed...balls, guts and the SO important danger, they went off stage not to come back...

I was utterly dissappointed...

SadRuDi...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:53 pm 
Nighthawk

Tomorrow night Lucinda Williams in Manchester..... :D

Hey Surf...can I swap you a programme for a 7" promo...??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:32 pm 
Nighthawk

WHAT!? That`s the first time I`ve ever heard of someone being disappointed after seeing Tool. Were they just off that night, did the concert get bad reviews, were the others happy with it?

So many questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:45 pm 
Nighthawk

Minefield wrote:
WHAT!? That`s the first time I`ve ever heard of someone being disappointed after seeing Tool. Were they just off that night, did the concert get bad reviews, were the others happy with it?

So many questions.

Didn't read any reviews...

They did an extra show two days BEFORE in Leuven...that one got a 4 star rating in a very difficult newspaper when it comes to reviews so it must have been great...

The show I saw was the third one they played in a row...maybe they were tired...they played purily on routine which was too damn obvious to me...

I hear most of the people liked it...but two of my friends with whom I regularly go to gigs were disappointed as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:52 am 
Nighthawk

Tonight it's Nick Cave here in Helsinki, what a nice and welcome distraction from the anxious wait for the Orphans box.

Having missed the TW minitour Cave is easily THE concert of the year for me, although I was waiting for the Morrissey gig in April almost as much as I've been waiting for this one.

Nick was here 2 yrs ago and really blew away the place, a manic gig by all accounts. He was supposed to have just one gig then, but the huge amount of interest actually meant that there were 3 concerts in all. This time around his tour schedule won't allow this. This gig was actually sold out in something like 5 mins, less than 2000 seats capacity.

My 14 yr old daughter is coming along with me and wife. It's her first Cave concert and she's really been waiting for this one, maybe even more than me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 412  Next