Tom Waits Fan Forums

A haven for the Tom Waits Fans of the world!
>
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412
 Post subject: Re: Concert Attendance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:32 am 
 WWW  Profile

my first concert was billy talent in... 2010 i believe? i was either 9 or 10, i don't recall, but i did get a little button that says the band's name on it.
my second concert was alice cooper in late 2012, it was fantastic! it rocked, i couldn't believe he was still performing like that at 64 years old- and he's still performing like that at 69! out of that concert i got a billion dollar babies t-shirt.
the last concert i went to was john fogerty in late 2015, the last one i tried to attend was bob dylan 4-ish months ago but i was much too poor to attend lol
my dad, frank, always tries to take me to the best concerts but i missed foreigner some 4 weeks ago. my friends performed "i want to know what love is" on stage with the band! it was tuff as hell, bummed that i missed it :dry:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:58 am 
Nighthawk

Ruuntje wrote:
So, like Surf already hinted at elsewhere, we went and saw Jason Isbell in Brussels last Friday. Jan, Kathleen, Bart, Marco and myself.
Ran into Bjorn and wife by coincidence. Coincidentally, last time I saw Bjorn was at a gig in Brussels, Neil Young a few years back, also then by coincidence. :)

Anyhow, excellent gig. The man can sing and play!
Loved it. Highlight was Cover Me Up, and a stunning version of White Man. Oh, and Last Of My Kind.
Excellent venue. Only seen good gigs there. Recommend it. AB in Brussels.

My fourth Isbell gig. Won't be the last.

I'm seeing him in a few days, taking the train to Oslo for it, seven hours, expecting it to be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:20 pm 
Papa Razzi
 WWW  Profile

Minefield wrote:
I'm seeing him in a few days, taking the train to Oslo for it, seven hours, expecting it to be worth it.

Enjoy!
Cover me up was awesome, especially when the crowd reacted to his "I sobered up"
Vid I took in Amsterdam:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:30 pm 
Papa Razzi
 WWW  Profile

"White Man's World" was my fav in Amsterdam:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am 
Nighthawk

Isbell in Oslo was fantastic. I'll check out those links later. I enjoyed it even more this time than last time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:01 pm 
Papa Razzi
 WWW  Profile

Minefield wrote:
Isbell in Oslo was fantastic. I'll check out those links later. I enjoyed it even more this time than last time.

I posted those vids on an Isbell fan page on FB ... I got a pm from one of the admins ... "Jason Isbell's management doesn't want vids" ...

Recall Rune asked him if he could tape when he played Paradison upstairs ... Jason: "Sure" :dry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm 
Troubador

Yesterday : Trombone Shorty in Leuven :
What an energy Amazing !! funky, New Orleans, sometimes funny. That guy can blow some horns ! Surounded by fantastic musicians. Apart from himself, songs from : Allen Toussaint, James Brown, The red hot chili peppers,.... And the show ended with 'when the saints...' . In short : A great night !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412