Tom Waits Fan Forums


A haven for the Tom Waits Fans of the world!
>
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The African Music thread
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:25 am
Posts: 19980
mikalebrug wrote:
Mr. snip snip snip wrote:
Been listening to ‘Yermande’ by Mark Ernestus’ Ndagga Rhythm Force from Senegal for a few months now.. WONDERFUL !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XlpnK7ycXs



:megaphone: Sarah



Love it! Thanks!

Me too.

Thank you so much!

Digging out my notebook to write it down.

_________________
Example, the finest example is you.


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: The African Music thread
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:22 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: sittin on the waggon stead of under the hood
Minefield wrote:
mikalebrug wrote:
Mr. snip snip snip wrote:
Been listening to ‘Yermande’ by Mark Ernestus’ Ndagga Rhythm Force from Senegal for a few months now.. WONDERFUL !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XlpnK7ycXs



:megaphone: Sarah



Love it! Thanks!

Me too.

Thank you so much!

Digging out my notebook to write it down.


Yes.. A fine album.. I’m listening to it everyday at the moment..

Sadly.. missed my chance to see them live at the lovely Café Oto the Sunday afternoon before last as I had to be elsewhere..

_________________
you can get a cheaper haircut if you wanna cross the border


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: The African Music thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:43 pm 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 4766
Tanzanian musician Msafiri Zawose's album Uhamiaji is the coolest thing I've heard in a long while in any genre. Wow!

Image



Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: The African Music thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:58 pm 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:25 am
Posts: 19980
mikalebrug wrote:
Tanzanian musician Msafiri Zawose's album Uhamiaji is the coolest thing I've heard in a long while in any genre. Wow!

Image


That's cool! I'm always interested in music that comes out of Tanzania, so thanks for sharing.

_________________
Example, the finest example is you.


Top
Reply with quote  

 Post subject: Re: The African Music thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
Nighthawk
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 4766
Minefield wrote:
That's cool! I'm always interested in music that comes out of Tanzania, so thanks for sharing.


This seems interesting too...

Image


Top
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

All times are UTC



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits     
Updated By Kieron Thwaites (Ron2K)